What are the licensing criteria and applicable requirements for fund management companies?
When assessing an application to be an RFMC, LFMC or VCFM, MAS takes into account factors such as:
- Fitness and propriety of the applicant, its shareholders and directors
- Track record and fund management expertise of the applicant and its parent company or major shareholders
- Ability to meet the minimum financial requirements prescribed under the SFA
- Strength of internal risk management and compliance systems.
- Business model/ plans and projections and the associated risks
In addition, your company would need to operate from a dedicated and secure office space that is accessible only by your company’s directors and staff.